Stuck at home during quarantine and getting bored? Learn how to make temporary tattoos by yourself at home using simple household items like baby powder, a marker and hair spray.
If you feel absolutely bored during this quarantine period because of the world combating a deadly virus outbreak, then you are definitely not alone. It is obvious that this time of lockdown must have given you a lot of ideas about the things you have always wanted to do, but could never actually do it, such as getting a tattoo. However, getting a permanent tattoo can be a difficult decision for some to take as it is a lifelong commitment. If you are one of those who are considering getting a tattoo but are not really sure about it, then getting a temporary tattoo is probably the best suitable option for you.
Getting yourself a temporary tattoo, that too at home by yourself might seem like a complicated task, but it is actually a lot easier than you think and you can conveniently do that at home with some home supplies. With all of us spending our time quarantined in our homes these days, this can be an interesting activity to have some creative time with your family, just for fun. These are some of the ways in which you can make yourself a temporary tattoo:
Temporary Tattoos with Simple Household Materials
This is a very easy way to get a temporary tattoo. This is the perfect method for you if you want to go for a simple way to get a tattoo, without creating complicated stencils. For this, you a marker, some baby powder and hair spray.
- Decide your favourite design and draw directly on your skin with a marker.
- Take some gentle baby powder and rub it on the drawn tattoo
- Cover everything by putting hairspray on the entire drawn area
- Viola! You have a really great, simple to make temporary tattoo that can last up to a month. It can be easily removed by using rubbing alcohol or you can even wash it off by your hands.
Temporary Tattoo using a Stencil
This is the adult version of the tattoos and little scribbling you used to draw on your skin as a kid. This is one of the easiest methods to get a quick tattoo.
- Draw a stencil for your temporary tattoo in the way you want. You can also draw and cut it out using an acto knife or simply with a pair of scissors.
- Take the coloured markers of your choice and design the piece of paper as you would like it to be as your tattoo. Make sure you use non toxic markers, the one that are safe to be used on your skin.
- Clean the designated area where you plan to put your tattoo properly and make sure that it is completely dry.
- Place the tattoo stencil on your skin and hold it firmly against it.
Temporary Tattoos with using a Printer
Making your tattoo with a printer is the best way to go if you want to make your tattoo look like a real one. For this temporary tattoo, you will need water slide paper, which is easily available at craft stores or even online, such as on Amazon.
- Design the tattoo the way you desire. You can scan pictures, draw using tools on a computer, or even create something on Photoshop or other such editing apps. Once you are done with the final design, print the tattoo on the water slide paper. Just remember that if you want to put in words or phrases, make sure that you print in the inverse form.
- After printing it, cut out carefully, to make sure that you do not waste any paper, while also keeping in mind that you do not cut off your tattoo design from any edges.
- To imprint the tattoo, place it on the desired part and press it firmly against your skin using a wet cotton ball or paper towel. Continue doing so until the paper slides off your skin
Temporary Tattoos using Eyeliner
If you feel like you are confident about freehand drawing and designing the tattoo, this technique will be a piece of cake for you. For this, you will need an eyeliner pencil, as the name suggests. Try to avoid using liquid forms of eyeliner as it can get a bit messy and is difficult to manage and control.
- Start with drawing the desired design of tattoo directly on your skin. You can also practice using a pen and paper first if you are not sure about drawing directly on your skin. You can use simple black eyeliner pencils, or you can also mix it up with colourful eyeliners to make a statement and make your tattoo stand out.
- Once you are done with creating your desired design on the skin, cover the designated area of your skin by spraying it with a light coat of hair spray. Seal your tattoo for a couple of hours for best, long lasting results. You can also use clear nail polish top coat instead of the hair spray if you are thinking about making your tattoo look shinier.
- To remove this temporary tattoo, you can simply rinse it with soap and warm water. You can also use nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol in case you are using a nail polish in place of the hair spray.
If in availability, you can also get creative using henna and make simple henna tattoos that are relatively long lasting and also are safe for the skin.
These techniques are fun and creative ways to experiment during this time of quarantined when we are spending almost all our time indoors, sitting in our homes. This can also be a good trick for trying out different styles and designs of tattoos before you decide to get a permanent one!
Leave a Reply