Almost all of us are suckers for the perfect Afghani omelette- it’s almost magical, isn’t it; how a couple of eggs and some salt come together to achieve such perfection. Now that innovation has become key to a delectable dish, the plain omelette has been left far behind. Innovations like the Afghani Omelette, Spanish Egg Omelet and even Tornado Omelette have taken the world by a storm, quite literally. One of the simplest dishes to prepare- an omelette is equally easy to experiment with!
Be it a simple, plain omelette or one full of healthy vegetable, an omelette is a dish that you absolutely cannot go wrong with. Just be careful of the amount of salt you prefer, and you are good to go! Watch the eggs magically sizzle all over your pan, the sound making its way through your ears, taking you to a far-away dreamland where only you exist with your beloved omelette. To add flavour to these dreams, here are a few omelette variations that you’ll be sure to enjoy:
1. Afghani Omelette
Afghani Omelette is one recipe that is easy to make and doesn’t require many ingredients; however, the end result might appear to have been ordered from an extremely fancy restaurant! Here’s all you need to know about preparing the perfect Afghani Omelette:
Ingredients of Afghani Omelette
- 10 green onions (one bunch of scallions)
- 1 large tomato
- 3-4 tablespoons canola/olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Few springs cilantro- for garnish
Recipe of Afghani Omelette
- Dice the tomato, and chop the scallions.
- Take a medium frying pan, and heat oil in it over medium heat.
- Add the scallions; saute until they are slightly brown.
- Add the diced tomato, combine with some salt (to taste)
- Stir the mixture slowly, allowing the juices to infuse
- Reduce the heat to medium low, then crack the eggs on top gently. Let the egg whites solidify.
- Make some space between the eggs with a spoon, or cover the pan with a lid for a few minutes; continuously spoon the oil over the egg yolks to ensure that they cook properly
- Once the egg yolks begin to appear less translucent, they have been cooked.
- Sprinkle red pepper and some salt on top, and garnish using cilantro which has been coarsely chopped.
- Serve with any type of bread.
2. Spanish Omelet
Spanish Omelet or Spanish Tortilla is so easy to make, and offers great taste- whether eaten hot or cold! A great snack, the Spanish Omelette can act as an entrée or appetiser. It takes a total of 40 minutes to be ready for eating.
Here’s how you can create the perfect Spanish Omelet:
Ingredients of Spanish Omelette
- 5 Medium-sized potatoes (diced into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 large brown onion (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Parsley (to garnish, optional)
- Cracked black pepper (to taste)
Recipe of Spanish Omellete
- Use a non-stick medium-sized pan to heat oil, and fry the potatoes in this until they are golden and crispy. Add onions and fry them until transparent. Use a metal colander (if available) to drain all the oil, and make sure that all the oil in the pan is properly drained out.
- Arrange the potatoes and onions in the pan again in a single layer. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add salt and paper to taste, and then beat the eggs. After pouring the mixture of eggs into the pan, use a spatula to move the potatoes and onions around the eggs. Move the eggs around the potatoes periodically to ensure that they’re cooking from the bottom, so that not much eggs are left on top.
- Place a big, round plate on top of the pan, and holding the plate with one hand, flip the Spanish Omelet on to the plate. Then, place it back into the pan, moving the potatoes and onions along with the omelette into the pan carefully.
- Keep cooking, and gently shake the pan time-to-time until the omelet is thoroughly cooked.
- Finally, put the plate on top of the tortilla pan once again, and flip it on to the plate. Your Spanish Omelet is ready!
- Garnish with parsley (optional)
3. Tornado Omelette
The Tornado Omelette comes from the Viral Internet World. A Korean recipe, this technique has people obsessed all over the world. Also known as the Tornado Omurice, the Tornado Omelette is only the egg part of a bigger dish. While it does not require any special equipment, you sure need a fair amount of practice to perfect the Tornado Omelette technique!
Here’s what you need to do to create the perfect Tornado Omelette:
- Pour whisked egg into a very hot pan.
- Twirl in the center just when the egg begins to cook using chopsticks.
- Once the egg begins to cook, it begins to join the spiral created by the twisting motion, and the egg is gathered up just like it was when it was barely cooked.
While this technique looks fairly simple upon reading, physically doing it will make you realise that a number of things must be kept in mind- how to draw the chopsticks from across the pan to just an inch apart before twisting, when to rotate the pan and when to jiggle it. While creating this egg vortex, remember that the pan needs to move almost as much as the eggs.
This technique results into a wrinkly swirl that resembles a flower, which is later used to drape the rice recipe. It’s not only visually appealing, but also keeps you engrossed in learning something new!
Egg Omelet Recipe in Hindi
Here’s how to prepare your favourite simple Egg Omelet Recipe in Hindi:
- 2 अंडे
- 2 छोटा चम्मच प्याज़ (बारीक कटा हुआ)
- धनियापत्ती (बारीक कटी हुई)
- 2 -3 हरी मिर्च (बारीक कटी हुई)
- नमक (स्वादानुसार)
- एक कटोरे में प्याज़, हरी मिर्च एवं धनियापत्ता मिला लें
- अंडा फोड़ कर उसे अच्छे से फेट लें
- नमक दाल कर उसे फिर अच्छे से फेटें (जितना ज़्यादा फटेंगे, उतना बेहतरीन स्वाद आएगा)
- पैन को आंच पर रख कर तेल गरम होने के लिए छोड़ दें
- गरम हो जाने के बाद अंडे का मिश्रण पैन में दाल के उसे फैला दें
- 5 मिनट तक अंडे को पैन पे छोड़ दें, फिर धीरे से पलट कर दुसरे भाग को भी गरम होने दें
- आपका ऑमलेट तैयार है !
Omelettes have been firm favourites since time immemorial. A simple omelette takes barely 10 minutes to prepare, and can be flipped up even when you’re in a hurry! So, when you have more than enough time, try these simple yet fun variations- Afghani Omelette, Spanish Egg Omelet or Tornado Omelette, and treat your taste buds! Starting your day with these fun-to-taste omelettes is surely going to put you in a great mood.