Dogs itself is a word that brings a smile on the faces of pet owners all around the world. Everybody knows that dogs are one of the most desired, which is proved by the phrase ‘Dog is a man’s best friend’. But what makes them so desirable as pets? The answer to this is their characteristics as loving, loyal, and famously friendly. Dogs are not only known to ease mental stress and make their owners physically fit but they also and protect your home, considering it as their own.
Certain Strong Dog Breeds are not only kept as pets by a civilian but you will also see them present at multiple government institutions aiding people. Detection dogs are helpful at air terminals, police headquarters, outskirts, and schools. Tracking and hunting canines, dogs, terriers, and dachshunds are the most common sort of chasing and hunting dogs. These canines are prepared to be the eyes, ears, and retrievers for their human colleagues.
Many people have dogs as pets for just the very reason for their safety and hence look for dogs from a strong breed. Today I will be talking about the Top 10 Strongest Dog Breeds in the world. But don’t mistake these Strong Dog Breeds as just fierce and feisty; they are equally loving and loyal just like any other dog breed.
According to my understanding, here is the list of the Top 10 Strongest Dog Breeds in the world along with their characteristic features –
This behemoth breed usually exceeds a developed man, as indicated by the American Kennel Club (AKC). These enormous canines are not excessively solid, yet their legacy goes back a large number of years. Old Egyptian drawings from 3000 B.C. show pictures of these pooches. Moreover, Caesar also mentioned the mastiff in his compositions on the British intrusion in 55 B.C. It is one of the oldest known Strong Dog Breeds.
- Life Expectancy: About 10-12 years.
- Weight: 90-150 pounds (male), 70-120 pounds (female)
- Height: Approximately 26 inches (male), 24 inches (female)
- Disposition: Free-spirited, Reticent, clever
These life-sparing canines followed lost Swiss voyagers, giving warmth and while any event, restoring missing vagabonds as far back as the seventeenth century. Known for their super large size, these hairy companions are shockingly cautious sidekicks that are very accustomed to family life. Why should no one prefer this dog breeds?
- Life Expectancy: About 8-10 years
- Weight: Males usually weigh 140 to 180 pounds whereas, females weigh 120 to 140 pounds
- Height: Approximately 28-30 inches (males), 26-28 inches (female)
- Disposition: Jolly, Delightful, Intrigued
These steadfast canines are as capably defensive as they are powerful, as per the American Rottweiler Club. In case you are thinking about this intense variety, you are following after some admirable people or celeb like Will Smith who claims two!
- Life Expectancy: About 9-10 years
- Weight: Males usually weigh 95-135 pounds whereas, females weigh 80-100 pounds
- Height: Approximately 24-27 inches (male), 22-25 inches (female)
- Disposition: Affectionate, Faithful, Self-assured Guardian
It has been noticed by the AKC about the Irish Wolfhound being the tallest of all the acknowledged varieties. Present somewhere in the range of 32 to 34 inches (that is just till the shoulders), this solid pooch was once notable for chasing the immense Irish elk. And, talking about the size of these elks, most of them were six feet at the shoulders. This definitely makes it one of the strongest dog breeds!
- Life Expectancy: About 6-8 years
- Weight: Males usually weigh 120 pounds whereas, 105 pounds (female)
- Height: Approximately 32 inches (male), 30 inches (female)
- Disposition: Fearless, Noble, Peaceful
The United Canine Association says that the American pit bull terrier is the precursor of bulldog-terrier crosses. These constant, amazing and, athletic canines frequently get negative criticism as warriors. All criteria being considered, with a mindful proprietor who realizes how to prepare and mingle the Pit Bull, they can be an unwavering and thoroughly adoring friend.
- Life Expectancy: About 12-16 years
- Weight: Males weigh about 55-70 pounds whereas, females weigh 40-55 pounds
- Height: Approximately 18-19 inches (male), 17-18 inches (female)
- Disposition: Self- Assured, Clever, Friendly
These bobsled canines were reared to be powerful and, bet for long stretches. In addition to the fact that they are powerful, athletic and, vivacious; these pooches also served the U.S. as search and salvage canines during World War II. The two huskies named Balto and Togo drove major groups in the 1925 race.
- Life Expectancy: About 12-14 years
- Weight: Males usually weigh 45-60 pounds whereas, females weigh 35-50 pounds
- Height: Approximately 21-23.5 inches (male), 20-22 inches (female)
- Disposition: Faithful, Confident, Naughty
We know the huskies as working canines; so are the boxers. Cousin to pretty much every advanced bulldog breed, the fighter is defensive, tolerant, and incredible! What notable celebrities think that these fighters are the best? The rundown includes Cameron Diaz, Chelsea Handler, and Gisele Bundchen.
- Life Expectancy: About 10-12 years
- Weight: Males usually weigh 60-70 pounds whereas, females weigh 50-65 pounds
- Height: Approximately 21-25 inches (male), 20-22 inches (female)
- Disposition: Zestful, Smart, Courageous
Dogo Argentino, the local to Argentina is known to be the fourth breed in the list of the top ten in number canine varieties. Initially, they were also known as the game chasers of Argentina. It includes the chasing of wild hogs and panthers. The dog alone is daring enough for the sidekicks. Additionally, they have a muscular and athletic body making them stiffer and tougher.
- Life Expectancy: About 9-15 years
- Weight: Males and females, both usually weigh 80-100 pounds
- Height: Approximately 24-27 inches (male), 23.5-26 inches (female)
- Disposition: Good-Natured, Jolly, Respectful
These larger than average puppies are respectful and spry. Alongside their quality, their stature is their most prominent element. When remaining on their back legs, your Dane will probably be as large as you may be!
- Life Expectancy: About 6-8 years
- Weight: Males and females, both usually weigh 100-120 pounds
- Height: Approximately 31-33 inches (male), 29-31 inches (female)
- Disposition: Loyal, Reticent, Self-Assures
Regularly observed as a watchman, this solid pooch is notable as a police canine. Alongside your nearby police K-9 unit, you may perceive this perky little guy as Hollywood’s Rin Tin.
- Life Expectancy: About 10-14 years
- Weight: Males usually weigh 65-90 pounds whereas, 50-70 pounds
- Height: Approximately 24-26 inches (male), 20-25 inches (female)
- Disposition: Acquiescent, Smart, Vigilant
Even though all these strong dog breeds have different dispositions and characteristic features, their companionship will be liked by the majority. Some of the strong dog breeds mentioned above may seem to be wild and savage, but they never intend to hurt a person who does not intend to harm them. This can be effortlessly understood by a quote from the great American actress, model, and singer, Marilyn Monroe, “Dogs never bite me, Just Humans.”