Windows 10 is considered to be the most safest version of Windows out there. It is less likely to be hacked easily. Also, Windows 10 has its Pro Devices that help you save a lot of time and money spent in maintenance and repairs. Also, as compared to Windows 7; Windows 10 has more faster startup. Cortana is another feature of Windows 10 that people use to interact easily. Windows 10 also has a rich and extensive app store which you can use to download and install safe applications.
The Action Center will display the latest notifications from mail boxes, apps, weather updates, birthday reminders similar to the notification panel in your phone. Windows provides improved browser experience with its latest Microsoft Edge. Also, for game lovers; Windows 10 comes with a XBox Console Companion. Also, the game bar that is accessed through Windows+G can let you click screenshots, record screen videos, control audio sources and also, broadcast gaming sessions. The screen capture features have improved vastly in Windows.
Checklist to upgrade windows 7 enterprise to windows 10
We have seen a few of the many advantages that have rolled in with Windows 10. But, switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 does have some prerequisites that need to be checked. Let us look at them in detail:
Check if your PC fulfills the minimum system requirements to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10
- Click on Windows 7 Start button
- Search for “System Information” in the search box
- Click on System Information and you can see all the specifications available in Windows 10
- Compare the specs with the ones provided in the Windows system requirement page
A few of the specs provided in Windows 10 are as follows:
|Processor:||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster compatible processor or System on a Chip (SoC)|
|RAM:||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard drive size:||32GB or larger hard disk|
|Graphics card:||Compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
|Internet Connection:||Internet connectivity is necessary to perform updates and to download and take advantage of some features.|
Check if there is enough free Hard Drive Space for in Place upgrade
If you intend to migrate to Windows with an in-place upgrade, check that you have more than 32 GB of free space left on your hard drive.
- Open File Explorer
- You can also use Windows key + E hotkey
- Then click Computer on the left of File Explorer, which displays a bar that highlights how much storage the C: drive has.
If the storage present in C drive is less than 32 GB, try uninstalling some software that might not be compatible with the latest Windows update.
Choose a Storage Device with sufficient storage space
You will need two external storage space devices. A USB drive with 4 GB will be required to store Windows 10 ISO files.As the clean install method will wipe the hard drive, most users will no doubt prefer to back up at least some of their files and software to external storage.If you need to back up a lot of data, a big USB flash drive or an external hard drive should be sufficient for that.
You will need Microsoft Office Account to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10
The Windows 10 will need a Microsoft Account. While installing, you will have the option to set up your account but it is better to set it up beforehand
Check the System Architecture
The Windows 10 you upgrade to requires you to set up the right 32 (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Windows 10 architecture option according to your system architecture. Check your System type on the System information Window.
Steps to purchase Windows 10
CNET is still allowing download without paying. But, sometimes these versions run into errors during installation. To avoid the issue, you can just purchase Windows from the official website.
- Windows 10 Home costs $139
- You will receive a confirmation email along with a product key which is 25 characters long
- You will be prompted to enter the product key during installation.
How to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 free using “Upgrade this PC Now”?
If you have an authentic copy of Windows 7, you can follow these following steps to install and upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 free
- Backup all of your important documents and data
- Head over to Microsoft’s Windows Download site
- Go to the Create Windows installation media section
- Select “Download tool now,”
- Run the app
- Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to choose “Upgrade this PC now.”. There will also be another option that will allow you to download setup to a removable drive.
- You will be prompted to choose if you want to keep crucial data or start right from fresh.
- Whichever you choose, all your app data and personal data will be erased
- Go to Settings–>update and Security –>Activation for your license key
Windows 7 professional upgrade to Windows 10 by choosing to save the installation files to a USB drive or as an ISO file
If you need to install the Windows setup on a single laptop, use the above option. If you need to Windows 7 professional upgrade to Windows 10 that will help install on more than one device, choose to save the installation files to a USB drive or as an ISO file.The download takes more time but is worth the wait instead of running the setup on each device
Depending on which option you choose the steps are further explained
- Insert the USB flash drive into a free USB slot on the PC you want to upgrade.
- Open Windows Explorer in Windows 7
- Double-click on Setup to install Windows.
- After the downloading the ISO files,mount the ISO file and open it in a Windows Explorer
- Double-click the ISO file to open it as a virtual drive.
- On a PC running Windows 7, you’ll need to install a third-party utility that is free amd open source
- Double-click Setup to start the install process.
- When the upgrade is complete and you’ve connected to the Internet, you’ll have a digital license to the most recent Windows 10 version
By following a free Windows 10 upgrade version,you might encounter some system issues. A paid installation on the other hand will be easier and will cause lesser threats. To avoid any issues, make sure you cross check all system requirements and follow all steps carefully
Leave a Reply