An immensely popular recreational activity with more than two billion users worldwide is video gaming. Be it any platform – windows, iOS, or android, this famous action-oriented leisure-time hobby has been at the forefront for almost a decade now. In the league of multiplayer gaming, a name that pops up right away is Valorant. Developed and published by Riot Games, Valorant was fully released on June 2 after the successful trial of its Beta version in May 2020. It got released with some Error Codes as Error Code 29, Error Code 45 and many such.
Details About the Valorant Game
Essentially the game is a 5 versus 5 multiplayer first-person shooter (FPS) where one group attacks and the other defends. The team that assumes the attacking position aims to plant a bomb and have it exploded, while the defending team attempts to avoid that. Irrespective of whether the bomb detonates or not, if one squad is exterminated, the rival squad wins. The reception of the game can be described as nothing short of overwhelming. The very first day of its beta launch amassed a whopping 1.7 million concurrent viewers on Twitch.
Players take control of the agents and characters that come from a multitude of varied cultures and countries from around the world.The main game mode offers players to choose either the attacking or the defending mode. The game also offers an assorted range of weaponry including the side-arms, submachine guns as well as the assault rifles and sniper rifles. Then there is a standard game mode where a total of twenty-four rounds are played and the first team to win thirteen of them wins that match. Also, the ‘Spike Rush mode’ offers seven rounds, so the first squad to win four rounds wins.
Presence of Error Codes in Valorant
A matter of concern that has emerged in relation to video gaming has been the infamous error codes. Almost every sizeable game launch today falls prey to them, and a hugely anticipated one like Valorant has been no exception. Generally, the error codes are encoded through a number or a character or an alphanumeric string. The major errors could be ‘Server Down’, ‘System Time out’, or ‘Network issue’.
Error Code 29 in Valorant
There is no denying that while Valorant operates rather smoothly for a relatively fresh release, yet there are a few common errors that gamers come across, especially when starting the game. In this context, error code 29 is one of the frequently occurring errors, which may block access. This particular code also may imply that Riot Games is experiencing typical server issues and that there is a temporary maintenance act being implemented that is causing the disruption.
If you have unfortunately encountered the unwanted error code 29, it is highly probable that there is a network connection issue, indicating that something has led to unusual behaviour in the interplay between the Firewall and Valorant’s servers. This may further get chaotic if one is running an additional antivirus software application along with the device’s own internal protection mechanism.
Solving Valorant’s Error Code 29
Now there are a couple of steps that one may proceed with to get rid of the error code 29, though it may take a few exhaustive tries.
- Often this issue can be eliminated by running the game as an administrator via the shortcut icon on the desktop. This checks that your account has the required network rights to connect to the game’s servers.
- Additionally, one may have to check the antivirus restrictions and make sure that Valorant is not being blocked and that the antivirus does not interfere in any manner whatsoever.
- If this did not dispel the error code 29, what one may have to do is to alter the firewall’s exceptions’ list. Basically, a new entry of Valorant has to made to this list.
Riot Games has officially produced a simple stepwise procedure for how to do this with Windows Defender Firewall as follows.
Approach to Fix the Error Code 29
To begin with, it’s vital to guarantee that Windows Firewall recognizes and permits Valorant. For this to happen, following is the procedure:
- Go to the system’s search bar, put the words ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ and click search.
- Select the ‘Allow a program through Windows firewall’.
- Select the ‘Modify Settings’ option.
- Erase any previously existing Valorant/Riot Client’s entries. (if any)
- Now make a fresh one with the ‘Allow another app’ option.
- Discover the ‘C:\Installed Files\Riot Games\VALORANT\live\VALORANT.exe’’ in order to make way for the latest firewall exceptions and click ‘OK’.
- Do not forget to check each and every box for the firewall exceptions for Valorant and press ‘OK’.
- Go through the above-mentioned process again to make another exception for bypassing the anti-cheat at ‘C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard\vgc.exe’ and click ‘OK’.
Final Approach for Solving Error Code 29
- Now even though the above steps should work in most situations, however, sometimes the internal settings need to be changed within the game. For that, Vanguard may have to be uninstalled. Follow these steps:
- Uninstall Vanguard
What needs to be done is uninstall Vanguard, then re-launch it, and finally re-install it. To uninstall it, follow this strategy:
- Open the ‘Control Panel’.
- Select ‘Programs’.
- Select ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- Find the ‘Riot/Valorant Vanguard’ software in the list.
- Right-click the icon and select ‘uninstall’
- Confirm this operation.
- The next step is to commence the Riot/Valorant client.
- Now, the ‘Riot/Valorant Vanguard’ installation pop-up will appear briefly.
- After the step is performed, the game works fine without the dreaded ‘Error Code 29- connection error’ message.
- Reboot your computer system.
- Again, start the Riot Client.
Now, all that is left for you to do is go back and begin playing Valorant again.
One may encounter the ‘Vanguard Not Initialized’ message, since the Vanguard has just been re-installed. This is normal, just go ahead with the system reboot and start Valorant again.
- As a last yet workable approach, one may also go for a full game reinstall, ensuring that the program is run as an administrator, and this may fix the error code 29.
So, while there might be a lot of error codes such as 1, 29, 43 or 64, however, the highly engaging and interactive game play lures the gamers irrespective of that. The optimized server performance has now resulted in reduced errors and bugs so that the players may appreciate the game in all its glory.
Leave a Reply